A balanced diet will get you the farthest. It will balance out your sugar levels and mental and emotional states, and it will make your work that much harder at your career, personal life, and nonetheless, the workouts.
Here are a couple of simple ways to incorporate matcha into your delightful treats. The first one is a whole meal in a cup, but it’s worth the effort. You’ll shortly see why.
For an immunity-boosting smoothie, you’ll need the following:
- 1 persimmon or golden apple (it is ripe at the beginning of winter)
- 1 mango
- Juice of a lime
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter of your preference
- ½ tablespoon of turmeric powder
- A little pinch of cayenne pepper (be careful if you’ve never tasted it before due to its strong sting)
- A good splash of coconut milk
If you want to be really fancy with it all, you can do this other layer separately and then pour them on top of the other.
For this, you’ll need the following:
- 1 small beet
- 1 cup of berries of your choice
- Half of a pink grapefruit
- A splash of pomegranate juice
- A splash of water
- A couple of mint leaves
- A little bit of matcha
- You can also add a tablespoon of honey.
- Garnish it all with chia seeds, coconut flakes, and mint leaves.
It not only tastes divine, but it also kicks your immunity to another level.
For the days when multiple lattes are just not enough, treat yourself to something different. This smoothie is packed with fiber from spinach and kale and protein from Greek yogurt and almond milk. Add a good spoonful of matcha tea for kicking into a higher gear. If you want to make it a little sweeter, add half a banana or substitute the almond milk with an alternative.
All this coconut milk and nut butter talk make a person nearly forget about other healthy options and creamy add-ins like avocado. Then, there comes antioxidants in the shape of “oh so popular” kale and a healthy dose of fiber to keep your metabolism on fleek and your sugar levels in check. Add Greek yogurt and blueberries to it. Sprinkle with matcha and turn yourself into a powerful Hulk. Well, each joke has half the truth to it.
Do you like ginger as much as I do? I even stick it to risottos, if we’re honest. But this will be a citrusy morning smoothie with the addition of coffee-powered matcha tea.
- Start by an unlikely ingredient that is a head of romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds
- 2 dates (they kick in the sweetness)
- 4 mandarin oranges
- 1 banana
- 1 carrot
- A couple of mint leaves
- ¼ of ginger root
- A small splash of lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon of matcha powder
- A couple of cubes of ice.
Just blend them together, drink, and see what happens. It’s an instant energy booster for me.
Play around a little. I like to experiment and see what tastes blend well together. If they each boost some extra health benefits, all the better.